[Mew-dist 3226] Re: [Q] Why I can't read message with some Subject ?

SAKAI Kiyotaka ksakai at example.com
1997年 12月 19日 (金) 18:05:38 JST

>> In article <19971212103021U.ay93301 at example.com>, Yasushi Abe <ay93301 at example.com> writes:

> これなんですが、Mime-version:ヘッダがなくてもマルチパートメールとして
> 正しい(RFCとか)のでしょうか?
> もしそうなら、imのほうで'M'を付けて、mewの方をへんこうすればいいですよ
> ね?ちがうなら、'M'は表示しないほうが、わかりやすいと思います。

rfc2045 には

   In the absence of a MIME-Version field, a receiving mail user agent
   (whether conforming to MIME requirements or not) may optionally
   choose to interpret the body of the message according to local
   conventions.  Many such conventions are currently in use and it
   should be noted that in practice non-MIME messages can contain just
   about anything.

とあるので、RFC 的には Mew の方で自由に仕様を決めて問題ないと思います。
--
酒井 清隆 (E-mail: ksakai at example.com)