[Mew-dist 07829] Re: mew wishes :-)

sen_ml at example.com sen_ml at example.com
1999年 3月 1日 (月) 18:39:10 JST

At around Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:02:22 +0900,
 SAKAI Kiyotaka <ksakai at example.com> may have mentioned:

> >> In article <19990220162603A.sen_ml at example.com>, sen_ml at example.com writes:
>
> >   -ability to configure mew settings using some kind of interface
> >    (may be forms-mode based, customize-based, etc.) -- i know this is
> >    low priority, and i am currently thinking of possible designs.
>
> 多分、Emacs-20.x, XEmacs-20.x に標準の M-x customize を利用するのが一
> 番いいでしょうね。(使い方は M-x customize を実行してみれば予想がつくと
> 思います。)

i have been trying this out and hope to have a demo for this weekend :-)
thanks for the advice and patch!

> 作業方法をしては以下のパッチのような感じで、カスタマイズ可能な変数宣言
> を defvar から defcustom にひたすら置き換えていくだけですが、数が多い
> 上に階層化も必要だと思いますので、ちょっと大変そうですね。

i agree it would be a fair bit of work.

i am also wondering about what to do for the descriptive text.  for example:

(defgroup mew nil
  "Mew mail reader"
  :group 'mail)

uses english.  this could also be:

(defgroup mew nil
  "Mew メールリーダ"
  :group 'mail)

i wonder if there is a good way to support multiple languages...

> あと、Emacs-19.x/Mule-2.x では使えませんが、それは仕方がないですね。

not being able to do use customize w/ emacs-19.x/mule-2.x is
unfortunate :-(   i am more worried about whether it will cause problems
w/ emacs-19.x/mule-2.x...(will using defcustom and such cause errors
for emacs-19.x/mule-2.x?)

p.s. attached is a sample of what i have been working on.  to test it
out (just for visual effect) load the file into a buffer, eval-buffer, and
then M-x customize.