[Mew-dist 08774] Re: Problem with forwarding of iso-8859-1 8bit encoded mail

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at example.com
1999年 5月 12日 (水) 09:09:00 JST

From: anders at example.com
Subject: [Mew-dist 08773] Problem with forwarding of iso-8859-1 8bit encoded mail
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 23:33:51 +0900

> I recently discovered that when I forward an 8-bit encoded mail
> mew marks that part as 7bit, and don't QP-encode it. Mew even refuse
> to QP-encode the part when I try to enforce it manually! The result is
> that åäö get converted to NeNdNv in the forwarded mail (same
> result as the Coverpage encoding bug resulted in up to 1.94b21).

I guess so.

I'm planning to fix this in Mew 1.95, which aims real
multi-lingualization. (I already have an idea.)

Please note that it is very easy to support ASCII and Latin 1
only. But it is very difficult to support many character set AT THE
SAME TIME.

Let me concentrate to wirte info of Mew 1.94 at this moment.

--Kazu