[Mew-dist 12823] fsync_no problem

Michael Hoffmann hoffmann at example.com
2000年 4月 13日 (木) 00:01:20 JST

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is the right way to go, but anyway :-)
I just want to inform you that I had some problems with fsync_no
on Irix 6.5.

The symptom was that I got a "writing to .../inbox/somenumber failed."
error when trying to get my inbox. I tried to trace this down a bit
and the problem disappeared after I commented the following lines in
IM/MsgStore.pm:

#    if (fsync_no()) {
#	# try to use SYS_sync number detected when configure
#	return syscall(fsync_no(), $fno);
#    }

Citing from config.status:

s%@im_nosync@%no%g
s%@im_fsync_no@% (146+ 1 ) %g

I've no idea whether this is how it should be or if I misconfigured
something.

Thanks for this nice tool :-)
Best regards, Michael

Theoretical Computer Science                email: hoffmann at example.com
ETH Zentrum, IFW B46.2                      phone: +41-1-6327390
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland                 fax:   +41-1-6321172