[mew-dist 23500] Re: [mew-int 01342] Re: Mew 4.0.51

CHOI Junho cjh at example.com
2003年 3月 31日 (月) 16:27:18 JST

From: CHOI Junho <cjh at example.com>
Subject: [mew-int 01342] Re: Mew 4.0.51
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:21:56 +0900 (KST)

> Well. I updated my mew to HEAD branch. I hope my mail will not go away
> by accident... :P
>
> I surprised to see body preview in summary-mode. As described in the
> change document I can back to old form (mew-scan-form is changed to
> mew-summary-form) safely.
>
> It is great feature to see partial content without looking all
> messages, but I think it can be very complicated in my environment.
> There are tons of base64 encoded or html mails in my mailbox. I think
> 95% of Korean use OE and IE everyday, and OE will send messages base64
> encoded html mail by default... Supporting base64 decoding in
> summary-form is not impossible but it's only slowing summary-mode.

Oh, last sentence should start with "I think..." :)

Anyway, mew-fancy-thread-indent-strings should be changed to
mew-thread-indent-strings for users of mew3... FYI. (I think we need
migration guide someday)

--
CHOI Junho <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>     KFUG <cjh at kr.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD Project <cjh at FreeBSD.org>        Web Data Bank <cjh at wdb.co.kr>