[Mew-dist 07315] Re: charset-guess

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at example.com
1999年 2月 4日 (木) 17:30:47 JST

Chris,

From: TROESTLER Christophe <Ch.Troestler at example.com>
Subject: [Mew-dist 07310] charset-guess
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:54:48 +0900

> I have a  little problem with the automatic guessing  of the 7/8 bits.
> Indeed, even when the text contains accented letters, Mew always put

> How can I get Mew recognize the right number of bits?

With the current implementation, Mew accepts both 7bit and 8bit
messages while it produce 7bit messages only (if a message is 8bit, it
will be encoded with quoted-printable). This 7bit limitation will be
resolved.

But what you reported is not the case. I don't know why "7bit" is
chosen instead of "quoted-printable". So, let me confirm.

(1) What kind of "charset" did Mew guess(see Content-Type:)?

(2) Do you input all letters in the body by hands(not through a file)?

(3) Does Mew make mistake any and all cases? Or specific patters?

--Kazu